We are delighted you are considering an Odyssey Resort for your upcoming wedding. Each location has an on-site wedding coordinator to make your planning process fun, and with the result of creating the wedding of your dreams, even if the planning time is sixty days or less.
Here is a guide to help you know that with our help, your wedding will be just as you wish. The first step of course is for you to contact the resort wedding coordinator. For your convenience, contact information is listed here.
- Lock in your date for the location of your ceremony and reception. Confirm the time of the ceremony and reception with your resort wedding planner.
- Start your guest list and gathering of addresses now.
- If you determine the level of formality and tradition that is important to you and your partner, it can help with the rest of the planning process.
- Buy your dress and all wedding attire as soon as possible. Many dresses will require alterations that can take both time, and extra service fees, if needed to be done quickly. Fortunately, a North Shore wedding destination allows for many personal styles, both traditional and non-traditional.
- Plan to make your own wedding invitations. Many local business supply stores and craft stores sell invitation kits with various levels of formal stock. This way you are able to see and touch the product. Some of those stores will print for you. Your invitation stationary can also be ordered online, but with limited time you don’t have recourse if you don’t like the final product.Plan to send the invitations 6 weeks prior to your wedding date. If less than 6 weeks is the best you can do, send a “Save the Date” announcement in advance of the invitation.
Remember to state your “RSVP by” date so that the final count can be confirmed for your reception dinner 3 weeks prior to your wedding date. (Final counts are due five days prior.)
Also, if you’ve chosen a plated dinner for the reception, include your guest’s selection on the RSVP card.
- Work with your resort wedding coordinator for references for your:
- Officiant – we have area officiants that have created personal, memorable ceremonies for many couples.
- Photographer – we are happy to work with any connection you may have or refer an area photographer with many years experience.
- Wedding Flowers – there are local florists available to create and deliver your desired flowers, from dried or silk arrangements to fresh native and seasonal blooms.
- Wedding Cake – whether your choice is a contemporary casual or formal, or a custom cake that captures your own interest and style, we have trusted bakers for you to talk to.
- Music – live music, DJ’s, or sound systems for your own family’s entertainers are all available.
- Room décor – linens and chair covers will need to be ordered, per your preference. If you’ll want to decorate, as many couples and families prefer, you’ll want to reserve the room for time to allow for this.
Typically all of these services can be booked in your 30-60 timeframe. But, please don’t delay if you’re seriously considering getting married anytime in the next year, we’d love to hear from you now.